I’ve really enjoyed summer, and I know it’s not over, but I’m ready to cook those great fall hearty meals. My Easy Beef Stew is a perfect recipe for this time of year. You can use all the fresh vegetables from your garden.
1 pack of about 0.9 k. of beef stew meat
1 tablespoon of butter
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 cup of white wine
3 cups of beef broth
2 bay leaves
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
6 small potatoes cut in 4
4 carrots chopped
1 onion chopped
1/2 turnip cubed
2 leaks chopped (white part only)
1 celery chopped
1 teaspoon of dried thyme
1 teaspoon of herbes de Provence (optional)
– In a large sauce pan, heat the butter and olive oil at medium high heat.
– When the butter and olive oil are hot, sear the meat on all sides.
– Add the onions and leaks. Cook for 3 more minutes.
– Cover with the white wine and beef stock.
– Add the salt, pepper, thyme, bay leaves and herbes de Provence.
– Give it a stir, cover and simmer for 1:30 hour.
– Add the carrots, turnip, celery and potatoes.
– Simmer for another 45 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
– Serve with sliced of fresh crusty bread.
Thanks for visiting Do It All Working Mom.