Homemade Pizza is one of my family’s favorite supper. I make this at least once every two weeks and it’s a hit!
1 tablespoon of butter
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 small onion finely chopped
1 large clove of garlic minced
1 can of tomato sauce (680 ml)
1 can of tomato paste (5.5 oz)
1 teaspoon of dry basil
1 teaspoon of dry oregano
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of sugar
1 teaspoon of fennel seeds (optional)
In a large skillet, melt the butter with the oil. Add the onion and garlic and saute until soft and transparent.
Add the tomato sauce and tomato paste and stir until smooth.
Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a slow simmer. Simmer for 60 minutes.
I double the recipe and freeze the sauce in Ziploc bags so I always have some in the freezer.
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 large clove of garlic minced
- 1 can of tomato sauce (680 ml)
- 1 can of tomato paste (5.5 oz)
- 1 teaspoon of dry basil
- 1 teaspoon of dry oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds (optional)
- In a large skillet, melt the butter with the oil. Add the onion and garlic and saute until soft and transparent.
- 2 cups of white flour
- sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil
- 170 ml of of lukewarm water
- Non stick cooking spray
- Add the tomato sauce and tomato paste and stir until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a slow simmer. Simmer for 60 minutes.
- I double the recipe and freeze the sauce in Ziploc bags so I always have some in the freezer.
- Add the flour and a generous pinch of salt to a large bowl and make a well in the middle.
- Pour water into a measuring cup then add the yeast sugar and olive oil. Stir well until the yeast has dissolved.
- Gradually poor the water into the well and use a fork to mix in the flour from the sides, then bring it together with your hands into a slightly sticky dough.
- Dust a clean work surface and your hands with plenty of flour and knead the dough for around 5 minutes, or until soft and springy.
- Place dough into a flour dusted bowl, cover with a damp dish towel and leave to rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Knock the air out of the dough, the transfer to a flour dusted work surface.
- Spray a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray. Using a flour-dusted rolling pin or hands, stretch the dough out so it's slightly smaller then baking sheet.
- Carefully place the dough on the sheet and stretch it out to the edges.
- Spoon the pizza sauce onto the dough and top with pepperoni, cheese and your favorite toppings.
- Cook at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes (ovens may vary, so put a timer and check you pizza after 10 minutes, you might have to turn the heat down to 350).
Hope you enjoy this delicious Homemade Pizza!
Thanks for visiting Do It All Working Mom.