Brushetta is a delicious antipasto from Italy. It’s so easy to prepare and so delicious. It’s the perfect appetizer when entertaining, the perfect snack or even lunch. Brushettas are not only delicious, they’re healthy as well. The secret to making the best Bruschetta is using fresh ingredients like fresh ripe tomatoes and fresh basil.
I’m really happy to share my Bruschetta Recipe with you today.
- 2 tomatoes diced (with seeds removed)
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1/3 cup of fresh basil minced
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon of Italian spices
- 4 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup of grated mozzarella cheese
- 12 slices of baguette bread
- Salt and pepper to taste (I use sea salt or fleur de sel)
- In a bowl stir all the ingredients except for the cheese and bread. Set aside.
- Place the slices of bread on a baking sheet, brush each slice with olive oil. Grill in the oven until golden brown (just on side).
- Remove baking sheet from the oven, and turn you slices of bread so the grilled part is on the bottom.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of the tomato mixture to each piece of bread.
- Top with grated mozzarella cheese.
- Return to the oven and grill until cheese is melted.
This is such a simple and delicious appetizer. I make bruschetta often, and it’s always a hit! Try my recipe, I’m sure it will become one of your favourite.
Thanks for visiting Do It All Working Mom.