These delicious and healthy spring rolls are made with rice paper, rice vermicelli noodles, vegetables, shrimps or Surimi Sticks and accompanied by an amazing peanut sauce. They are so good, you’ll be addicted, trust me! I know I am. They are perfect as a light supper, lunch, and can even be served as appetizers.
I used to get those delicious spring rolls at our local sushi shop until I decided to try and make them myself. Wow! I’m so glad I did, because now I can enjoy them any time I want.
- Spring Rolls
- 8 sheets of rice paper
- 24 shrimps (or 8 Surimi Sticks)
- 1 1/2 cup of cooked rice vermicelli noodles
- 8 lettuce leaves (I used the soft ends of romaine lettuce)
- 1 carrot pealed and grated
- 1/2 English cucumber pealed and cut in julienne
- 1 red bell pepper cut in julienne
- Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup of smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon of minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- The juice of 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons of warm water
- Mix together well all the ingredients for the peanut sauce and reserve.
- Fill a large shallow bowl or container with warm water. Place a piece of rice paper in the water for about 15 seconds or until soft.
- Lay the piece of rice paper on a cutting board or flat surface.
- Add your shrimps or surimi sticks, lettuce, carrots, cucumbers, peppers and vermicelli noodles.
- Fold the sides of the rice paper over the ingredients, then roll.
- Do this with the 8 pieces of rice paper.
- Serve immediately with the peanut dipping sauce.
Mium! Those taste so fresh and delicious, and I can’t get enough of that peanut sauce. If you would like another sauce recipe that goes really well with Spring Rolls, check out my rice vinegar sauce recipe.
Thanks for visiting Do It All Working Mom.